Lights at Sea 2.0
"Lights at Sea" is all about the lights serving as navigational aid at sea and their characteristics. With "Lights at Sea" you can
- teach and learn the international notation of light characteristics as used in charts and lists of lights,
- visualize the light patterns for a given characteristic or demonstrate them to your students,
- internalize important characteristics (e.g. the light patterns of cardinal marks),
- prepare yourself for the lights of a specific sailing area.
"Lights at Sea" is available on the App Store.
- NEW: Add lights with their characteristic and name. (2.0)
- NEW: Delete lights. (2.0)
- NEW: Select lights for reproduction. (2.0)
"Lights at Sea" decodes characteristics conforming to the document STANDARDIZATION of LIST OF LIGHTS and FOG SIGNALS of the International Hydrographic Organization and displays a corresponding light pattern. All characters defined in that document are supported:
- very quick
- ultra quick
- interrupted quick, very quick, ultra quick
- Morse code
- have a character combined with a fixed light,
- have alternating colours,
- and consist of concatenated characters.
- "Lights at Sea" can also decode the (outdated) German notation of light characteristics.
- The characteristic is translated into light signals and updated accordingly while it is being entered.
The different parts of a characteristic will be coloured according to their state:
white identified light grey incomplete but correct so far red unexpected character or invalid characteristic dark grey not evaluated anymore
"Lights at Sea" requests information from
www.tap-it.info about products available in the in-app store. Such requests will be logged by the web hoster Strato which hosts
www.tap-it.info. The following data is logged for each request:
- the date and time of the request,
- the IP address from which information has been requested,
- and the URL used in the request.
I only have access to this log in anonymized form in which the original IP addresses have been replaced with a masked version. See also Strato.