RuneKeys provides keyboards for writing in runes:
- Keyboards for transcribing English and German into runes of the Elder Futhark.
- A keyboard with keys of the Elder Futhark's three ætta.
As the keys of the keyboards provided by the system do, keys of the rune keyboards reveal additional characters and symbols when pressed and hold. Among these are variations (e.g. ᚺ and ᚻ), alternative transcriptions (e.g. ᚲᚢ and ᚲᚠ), and related characters (e.g. 2 and ²).
I design my software following the principle to only collect, process, and store data that is actually needed for the software to serve its purpose. No single bit more than that. In German, the name of this principle is "Datensparsamkeit." A literal translation of this word is "data thrift".
In effect, this means:
- RuneKeys has no user accounts. RuneKeys will not ask you for personal data.
- Data you enter in the RuneKeys app will not leave the app. In case of the provided keyboards, the characters you type will be passed to the operating system which will process them in order, for example, to insert them into a text field.
- No personal data is collected or processed.
- No user tracking of any kind is used.